Sunday, June 20, 2010

Brazil/Ivory Coast and what's next for me

Went to the Brazil/Ivory Coast game, which was held at Soccer City in Joburg. It was a real entertaining match, which included highlights such as: A great flick up/half volley goal from Fabiano, a sending off for Kaka! I'm pretty sure you will be able to see the highlights for that.

I also must say, CONGRATULATIONS to New Zealand on tying the World Cup champions, Italy. An impressive defensive performance, and that penalty was such a dive. I can't believe the Italians get away with all the crap they pull. The one time that it turned against them (vs. Korea in 2002), they start pulling the bribery card. They've built that reputation for being referee cons for years and years and it finally bit them in the ass. But sadly, they get away with it time and time again.

I actually should be in bed right now. It's 3:30 am and I'm not even packed to go to Durban yet! My plane leaves in about 5 hours, eek!

As I just mentioned, I'm off to Durban, but will only be there for two days. I'm gonna go watch the Nigeria/South Korea match. It's a huge huge game, considering that this will determine qualification in the group. With Argentina already having 6 points and also playing Greece, a win looks likely there. With South Korea on 3 points and a -1 goal difference, Nigeria on 0 points with a -2 goal differential, that would mean a 1-0 Nigeria win would see them trhough which also means that South Korea can advance with a draw. After that, I will spend the last leg of my trip in Port Elizabeth. My flight lands at 2:30 pm on Wednesday, and the match between England and Slovenia starts at 4:30 pm! Add the fact that I'm bringing my huge backpack full of clothes, this poses a potential problem for me, ugh! I emailed the hostel that I'm staying at, hoping they can pick me up at the airport, drop me off at the stadium and bring my bag with them to the hostel, fingers crossed!

Finally, my friend Shawn is also in South Africa with his wife. He told me that he met Steve Nash the other day! Maybe we're in for a possible Steve Nash meeting at the England game? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment