Friday, June 25, 2010

Port Elizabeth = heart

Port Elizabeth is a really nice place. Similar to Durban as it is on the seaside, but much more relaxed and less of the beachbum/surfertown feel to it.

My impressions of the cities I've been to are as follows:

Joburg: Great hostel, met so many great people, but the city is so shit I would never want to visit or live there.

Durban/PE: Great cities, but I've found it tougher to meet people, mostly due to the structure of the hostels I'm staying at. At Diamond Diggers in Joburg, it was basically built as a huge house, and it made it much easier to meet people.

I have one more match left, and it's going to be a doozy: Uruguay vs. South Korea, 2nd round. It's going to be a tough test for Korea for sure. Uruguay have looked real good in the group stages, including an impressive 3-0 win over Bafana Bafana.

The other 2nd round matchups are shaping up to be crackers too, including England and Germany.

Sorry for the short entry, but I'm almost out of internet time. GO KOREA!!! DAE HAN MIN GUK!!!!!! FIGHTING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment